Plot & Details
In 1951, Don Carini (Harvey Keitel), the mafia's most powerful godfather, gathers his followers to announce the heir to the family. Each expects to be crowned the next Don, but they hear a shocking story from Don Carini. During his travels in Asia, he fell in love with an Asian woman who bore him a son. His now adult son Young-gu (Shim Hyung-rae) is anointed the next boss. Bonfante (Michael Rispoli), the betrayer in the outfit, wants Young-gu and the aging Don out, and with his minions, relentlessly tries to sabotage Young-gu's training and take out the boss. Will Young-gu overcome each obstacle and rise to become the next godfather and lead his new "family?"
- MPAA Rating: PG-13
- Genre(s): Crime and Mystery,Thriller
- Run Time: 103min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 04/01/2011
- DVD Release Date: 08/09/2011
- Distributor(s): Roadside Attractions
- Director(s): Shim Hyung-rae
- Starring: Harvey Keitel , Shim Hyung-rae , Jason Mewes , Michael Rispoli , Jocelin Donahue
- Themes: Nothing Goes Right,Fish Out of Water,Fathers and Sons,Mafia Life,Mentors
- Tone: Goofy,Madcap,Silly
- Keywords: Mafia, foster-family, gangster, klutz, love-child, successor
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (04-01-2011)
- Language: Korean,English