Plot & Details
Scottish short film director David Mackenzie made his feature-film debut in 2002 with The Last Great Wilderness, the tale of two oddballs stuck in a sleepy Scottish town out in the middle of nowhere. The romantically jilted Charlie (Alastair Mackenzie) is headed to a remote location in the Highlands to burn down the house of the celebrity that stole his girlfriend away from him. On the way, he is forced to give a ride to a pseudo-Spaniard named Vincente (Jonny Phillips) who is on the run after sleeping with a violent thug's wife. En route, the car breaks down and the men are forced to stay at the Moor Lodge -- home to a group of similarly odd people that Charlie and Vince soon find themselves compelled to learn more about. The Last Great Wilderness premiered at the 2002 Edinburgh Film Festival.
- Genre(s): Comedy
- Run Time: 95min.
- DVD Release Date: 08/17/2004
- Distributor(s): Feature Film Company
- Director(s): David Mackenzie
- Starring: Alastair Mackenzie , Jonathan Phillips , David Hayman , Ewan Stewart , Victoria Smurfit
- Themes: Out For Revenge,Breakups and Divorces
- Tone: Bittersweet,Intimate,Melancholy,Wry
- Keywords: arson, celebrity, ex-girlfriend, jilted, on-the-road, revenge
- Language: English