Plot & Details
Four cops make the painful discovery that not everyone on the force is upholding the law in this crime drama. Frank Daly (Brian Dennehy), Wayne Gross (Joe Pantoliano), Ricky Rodriguez (Jeff Fahey), and Howard Jones (Bill Patxon) are four undercover cops with the Los Angeles Police Department who work as a team to solve the cases that their colleagues consider too tough to handle. Under Daly's supervision, the four are trying to get the goods on a drug dealing operation working out of a meat packing plant. However, a raid on the plant uncovers little practical evidence, and Daly, a moody and hard-drinking loose cannon, is sharply criticized by his superiors for planning the bust without the input from the department heads or the FBI. Convinced that there's more to the case than they've been able to find so far, the four men begin looking into the matter on their own time. The deeper they dig, the more shocking the evidence becomes, as they learn that the police, the FBI, and even the Federal Government are involved in the smuggling operation, and the parties involved are perfectly willing to use violence and murder to keep troublemakers out of their way. After Jones is murdered while collecting evidence on a businessman in on the operation, the other three quit the police force, determined to see justice done even if they have to overstep the boundaries of the law to do it. Last of the Finest was also released under the titles Blue Heat and Street Legal.
- Genre(s): Action
- Run Time: 110min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 03/09/1990
- Distributor(s): Orion
- Director(s): John MacKenzie
- Starring: Brian Dennehy , Joe Pantoliano , Jeff Fahey , Bill Paxton , Deborra-Lee Furness
- Themes: Drug Trade,Conspiracies,Political Corruption,Rogue Cops
- Tone: Rousing,Visceral,Tense,Angry,Confrontational
- Keywords: corruption, drug-dealer, police, revenge, undercover, POW/MIA, police-corruption, robbery
- Country of Origin: USA (03-09-1990)