Plot & Details
Frank Tashlin directed this comedy about a man whose marriage hits the skids when his wife gets caught in the draft. Gregory Whitcomb (Tom Ewell) served with distinction in the Army during WWII, but he now makes his living as a television writer. Gregory's wife Katy (Sheree North), several years his junior, was also a member of the military as a WAC. When the armed forces find themselves strapped for qualified personnel, Gregory and Katy are ordered to return to active duty; after his physical, Gregory is reclassified 4-F for health reasons, but Katy is judged 1-A and put back in camouflage. Now poor Gregory finds himself having to look after the home by himself and waiting for his spouse at the base, while both Katy and Gregory try to figure out how to free her from her military obligations. The Lieutenant Wore Skirts also features Rita Moreno and Rick Jason.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Comedy
- Run Time: 99min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 07/03/2006
- Director(s): Frank Tashlin
- Starring: Tom Ewell , Sheree North , Rita Moreno , Rick Jason , Les Tremayne
- Themes: Gender-Bending,Military Life,Foibles of Marriage
- Tone: Goofy,Humorous,Silly
- Keywords: Air-Force, aging, chase, husband, lieutenant, medical, military, patrol, pregnancy, scheme, television, war, wife, writing, courage, enlistment, military-draft, role-switching