Plot & Details
Country music greats Kris Kristofferson, Merle Haggard, Ronnie Hawkins, and Donnie Fritts all gather to remember the bumbling semi-legend who put a small dent in the charts before suffering an untimely death in this musical mockumentary from director Michael Mabbott. He was the would-be outlaw of the 1970s country music scene, but somewhere along the line it all fell apart for Guy Terrifico (The Flashing Lights and The Superfriends front-man Matt Murphy). Perhaps it was his self-destructive impulses that did him in, or maybe just his inability to remain upright while ascending a simple flight of stairs. Though Terrifico may have never made it into the Grand Ole Opry, he still had a healthy fanbase that remains staunchly loyal three decades after his alleged death. Now, for the first time ever, the remarkable story of Terrifico's rise and fall comes to the screen in a tell-all film that doesn't flinch when it comes to the ugly truth.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Comedy
- Run Time: 86min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 10/17/2005
- DVD Release Date: 06/19/2007
- Director(s): Michael Mabbott
- Starring: Matt Murphy , Kris Kristofferson , Phil Kaufman , Natalie Radford , Donnie Fritts
- Themes: All Washed Up,Rise and Fall Stories,Musician's Life
- Tone: Silly,Witty,Wry
- Keywords: country-music, rise-to-fame, self-destruction
- Language: English