Plot & Details
This second theatrical-feature spin-off of TV's Lone Ranger series stars, as ever, Clayton Moore as the Masked Rider of the Plains and Jay Silverheels as his faithful Indian companion Tonto. This time around, the plot concerns five silver medallions. When placed together, these tiny hunks of silver reveal the location of the titular Lost City of Gold. The owners of three of the medallions have already been killed by the mystery villain; it's up to the Lone Ranger and Tonto to save the other two owners -- Douglas Kennedy and little Noreen Nash -- from harm. Unfortunately, the bloom was (temporarily) off the rose for the Lone Ranger franchise, and Lone Ranger and the Lost City of Gold ended up in the red.
- Genre(s): Westerns
- Run Time: 80min.
- DVD Release Date: 01/30/2001
- Distributor(s): United Artists
- Director(s): Lesley Selander
- Starring: Clayton Moore , Jay Silverheels , Charles Watts , Noreen Nash , Lisa Montell
- Themes: Murder Investigations
- Tone: Earnest
- Keywords: Native-American, Superhero, investigator, killing, outlaw [Western], bad-guy, cowboy, good-guy, lawman
- Language: English