Plot & Details
Charles Bronson re-teams with director Michael Winner -- sandwiched between their first pairing in the underrated Chato's Land and their seminal collaboration in Death Wish -- in this Lewis John Carlino-scripted actioner. Bronson plays Arthur Bishop, a "mechanic" or hired killer, famed for his efficient and unfeeling contract executions. The young and eager Steve McKenna (Jan-Michael Vincent) teams up with him, hoping that Bishop will teach him the bounty-hunting business. Imparting words of wisdom to Steve like, "Murder is only killing without a license and everybody kills -- the Army, the police," the two undergo a series of adventures as Bishop shows Steve the ropes. Between action scenes, Bronson's wife Jill Ireland makes an appearance as a sexy hooker.
- MPAA Rating: PG
- Genre(s): Crime and Mystery,Thriller
- Run Time: 100min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 08/17/2003
- DVD Release Date: 10/08/2002
- Director(s): Michael Winner
- Starring: Charles Bronson , Keenan Wynn , Jan-Michael Vincent , Jill Ireland , Linda Ridgeway
- Themes: Hired Killers,Mentors
- Tone: Cynical,Gritty,Tense
- Keywords: assassination, killing, organized-crime, student, training, wealth, enemy, friendship, gangster, hitman, mentor
- Language: English