Plot & Details
Produced for London Weekend Television, Wilt is based on the novel of the same name by Tom Sharpe. Griff Rhys Jones and Mel Smith, stars of the internationally popular TV series Not Necessarily the News, head the cast as Henry Wilt and Inspector Flint. Though master of his own destiny on the lecture circuit, Wilt is a natural-born doormat in his day-to-day life. He also has a bad habit of inadvertently gumming up the various investigations conducted by Inspector Flint. Things come to a head when the hapless Wilt is implicated in a murder, allowing the zealous Flint to persecute -- er, prosecute -- the poor man to the full limit of the law. With its parade of eccentric character and Gilbert & Sullivan-style plot complications, Wilt can't help but raise chuckles.
- Genre(s): Comedy
- Run Time: 84min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 06/22/1990
- Director(s): Michael Tuchner
- Starring: Griff Rhys Jones , Mel Smith , Alison Steadman , Diana Quick , Jeremy Clyde
- Tone: Irreverent,Madcap,Silly
- Keywords: bumbler, college, flashback, innocence, killing, nag, police, professor, suspect, false-accusation, investigation, mistaken-identity, murder
- Country of Origin: USA (06-22-1990)
- Language: English