Plot & Details
Made for cable television, The Ratings Game was directed by Danny DeVito, who co-starred in the film with his wife Rhea Perlman. DeVito plays the owner of a New Jersey trucking firm who yearns for a televison career. He offers several TV-series ideas to a receptive network programming head. On the verge of being fired, the network exec decides to have his revenge on his ex-bosses by selecting the very worst of DeVito's concepts. The "born to fail" series becomes a hit, and soon DeVito is the hottest programmer in the industry! More truthful than many of us are willing to admit, The Ratings Game premiered with astonishingly little fanfare over The Movie Channel cable service on December 15, 1984.
- Genre(s): Comedy
- Run Time: 102min.
- DVD Release Date: 11/04/2003
- Director(s): Danny DeVito
- Starring: Danny DeVito , Rhea Perlman , Gerritt Graham , Kevin McCarthy , Jayne Meadows
- Themes: Office Politics,Ladder to the Top,Success is the Best Revenge
- Tone: Biting,Cynical,Humorous,Satirical,Witty
- Keywords: business, power, ratings, scheme, behind-the-scenes, revenge, television
- Language: English