Plot & Details
Leslie Nielsen returns as the intrepid (and accident-prone) Lt. Frank Drebin in Naked Gun 2 1/2: The Smell of Fear, "un film de David Zucker." This second feature film from the "Police Squad!" series finds Drebin as a guest at a White House dinner, receiving an award for shooting his 1,000th drug dealer, although he admits to shooting only 998 -- he ran over the last two in his car. ("Luckily, they turned out to be drug dealers"). Also at the White House dinner is energy czar Dr. Albert S. Meinheimer (Richard Griffiths), whom President George Bush (John Roarke) has chosen to start a new national energy policy. Since Meinheimer believes in promoting alternative energy resources, the evil leaders of the polluting energy industries (coal, oil, and nuclear power--or the lobby groups SMOKE, SPILL and KABOOM) are horrified at Bush's choice. Joining together with arch-villain Quentin Hapsburg (Robert Goulet), they plan to kidnap the real Meinheimer and substitute a fake Meinheimer in his place who will enact energy policy according to the dictates of the energy lobby. Drebin becomes deeply involved in the conspiracy when he runs into his ex-girl friend Jane (Priscilla Presley), who is not only Meinheimer's public relations director but also Hapsburg's current paramour.
- Genre(s): Comedy
- Run Time: 85min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 06/28/1991
- DVD Release Date: 08/15/2000
- Distributor(s): Paramount
- Director(s): David Zucker
- Starring: Leslie Nielsen , Priscilla Presley , George Kennedy , O.J. Simpson , Robert Goulet
- Themes: Unlikely Heroes,Kidnapping,Bumbling Cops
- Tone: Easygoing,Quirky,Silly,Humorous,Madcap,Goofy
- Keywords: bumbler, criminal, evil, industrialist, business, crimefighting, deduction [reasoning], ecology, escapades, femme-fatale, investigation, kidnapping, nuclear-energy, police, police-detective, political-leader, rescue
- Country of Origin: USA (06-28-1991)
- Language: English