Plot & Details
His wife convicted of a murder she swears she did not commit, a college professor plots to break her out of prison in this thriller starring Russell Crowe and Liam Neeson. John Brennan (Crowe) and his wife, Lara (Elizabeth Banks), were happily married and raising a family when their lives fell apart in the blink of an eye. Lara has been charged with murder, and despite every effort to prove her innocence, the judge sentences her to an extended prison sentence. Meanwhile, on the outside, John files multiple appeals while struggling to raise their children and maintain his career. Lara's future starts to look especially grim, however, after the final appeal is rejected, and she admits that she'd rather commit suicide than spend the rest of her life behind bars. Determined to save his wife after the justice system fails her, John seeks the advice of ex-convict Damon Pennington (Liam Neeson), who staged his own daring prison escape, in order to draw up an airtight plan. Later, John prepares to put his life on the line for the woman he loves, and sets the plan into motion with the knowledge that one false move could be their last.
- MPAA Rating: PG-13
- Genre(s): Drama,Thriller
- Run Time: 122min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 11/19/2010
- DVD Release Date: 03/08/2011
- Distributor(s): Lionsgate
- Director(s): Paul Haggis
- Starring: Russell Crowe , Elizabeth Banks , Liam Neeson , Brian Dennehy , Lennie James
- Themes: Escape From Prison,Clearing One's Name
- Tone: Earnest,Melancholy,Somber,Tense,Clever
- Keywords: murder-trial,convict,conviction,justice,murder-suspect,prison,prison-escape,suicide-attempt,teacher,wife
- Country of Origin: USA (11-19-2010)
- Language: English