Plot & Details
Seedy newspaper reporter Carl Kolchak (Darren McGavin) is assigned the Las Vegas police beat by his boss Tony Vincenzo (Simon Oakland). A series of murders has been plaguing the Glitter Capital; the victims, all beautiful showgirls, have had the blood drained from their bodies. Kolchak can't understand why the authorities are so uncooperative as he probes the case. Nor can he believe the evidence he's gleaned on his own: There can't possibly be a Dracula-like vampire stalking Las Vegas, or can there? Adapted by Richard Matheson from a novel by Jeff Rice, The Night Stalker debuted January 11, 1972 - -and on that fateful evening, this thriller became the highest-rated TV movie up to its time, as well as an instant cult classic. The film spawned a popular sequel, The Night Strangler (1972), and a 1974 TV series.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Comedy,Drama,Horror,Thriller
- Run Time: 74min.
- Director(s): John Llewellyn Moxey
- Starring: Darren McGavin , Carol Lynley , Simon Oakland , Ralph Meeker , Claude Akins
- Themes: Vampires,Crime Sprees,Members of the Press
- Tone: Atmospheric,Humorous,Quirky,Slick,Tense
- Keywords: blood, corpse, investigator, reporter, tracking [following], bloodsucker, deduction [reasoning], evidence, investigation, journalism, killer, multiple-murder, stalking, undead, vampire