Plot & Details
Three families living in a rural Vermont community struggle with loss while allowing the delicate hands of time to gradually ease their sorrows in director Dorothy Lyman's poetic drama. Sgt. Claire Rodman (Ed Blunt) has just returned home from the Iraq War suffering a permanent hand injury, and as he slips into a helpless state of self-pity, his sister dutifully cares for their dying mother. In time, Sgt. Rodman's despondence drives a bitter wedge between the two siblings. Meanwhile, housekeeper Kathy McClellan struggles to maintain her relationship to her two grown children, Carissa and Glen. But while Glen's paranoid rants about the war seem like nonsense to many, the truth is they contain an explosive secret. Over on a neighboring farm, Nan (Dorothy Lyman) and her partner Sandra (Dey Young) find their regular routine interrupted by the sudden appearance of Sandra's daughter Enid, who isn't her usual self following a recent encounter with "the light." As the snow continues to fall, each family will confront their issues while discovering that nature really can ease sorrow.
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 109min.
- DVD Release Date: 07/21/2009
- Director(s): Dorothy Lyman
- Starring: Heidi Armbruster , Richard Bekins , Ed Onipede Blunt , Kate Buddeke , Betty Gilpin
- Themes: Home From the War,Sibling Relationships,Farm Life
- Tone: Somber
- Keywords: Winter,daughter,horse,housekeeper,mother,nature,partner,rurality,veteran [military]
- Language: English