Plot & Details
Forces in the front lines of the war on terror find themselves battling a foe more deadly than a bomb in this thriller. Ben Keynes (Jonas Ball) is a CIA operative based in the Middle East who is keeping his eyes peeled for a potential crisis a few weeks after the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001. Keynes is checking some readings from a spy satellite when he discovers what appears to be a massive cache of radioactive material in the mountains of Afghanistan. Worried that Al Qaeda guerrillas are constructing a nuclear weapon, Keynes arranges to join a reconnaissance mission headed to Afghanistan, using the cover story that he's trying to ferret out an international terrorist leader. Keynes and the soldiers head into the mountains with a local, Abdul (Chems-Eddine Zinoune), serving as both translator and guide. Abdul warns Keynes and the soldiers that their intended destination is considered sacred ground by Afghans, and that they're risking their lives by trespassing. Keynes pays him little mind, but he and the soldiers soon discover that Abdul's warnings were well founded, and that a supernatural force lurks in the mountains more dangerous than any band of terrorists. The Objective was written and directed by Daniel Myrick, who made his debut in 1999 with the independent blockbuster The Blair Witch Project.
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Crime and Mystery,Horror,Science Fiction,War
- Run Time: 91min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 02/04/2009
- DVD Release Date: 10/13/2009
- Distributor(s): IFC
- Director(s): Daniel Myrick
- Starring: Jonas Ball , Matt Anderson , Jon Huertas , Michael Williams , Sam Hunter
- Themes: Terrorism
- Keywords: radioactive, CIA (Central-Intelligence-Agency), Middle-East, mountains, radioactivity, supernatural-forces, terrorism
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (02-04-2009)
- Language: English