Plot & Details
A woman gets a belated introduction to the joy of sex in this comedy. Priscilla (Parker Posey) is a thirtysomething public-relations agent with the unenviable job of trying to lure new businesses to Cleveland, OH. Priscilla is married to Jack (Paul Rudd), a high-school teacher who is reaching the end of his patience with his career. Things aren't going especially well at home for Priscilla and Jack -- she seems unable to have an orgasm, and while Priscilla insists she's perfectly happy with their sex life, Jack is driven to distraction by his inability to arouse his wife. When Kristen (Mischa Barton), one of Jack's students, begins displaying an extra-curricular interest in him, he throws caution to the wind and begins an affair with her, and has soon moved out of the house. Left on her own, Priscilla finally begins feeling sexual frustration, and turns to Alyssa (Liza Minnelli), an outspoken sex therapist who advises her to learn how to pleasure herself. Alyssa's advice proved to be right on the money, and soon Priscilla is a changed women who is looking for a new man in her life. She soon finds one in Wayne (Danny DeVito), a swimming-pool salesman whose sloppy appearance belies his talent in the bedroom. The Oh in Ohio was the first feature film from director Billy Kent, who previously established himself making television commercials.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Comedy
- Run Time: 91min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 07/14/2006
- DVD Release Date: 12/05/2006
- Distributor(s): Cyan Pictures
- Director(s): Billy Kent, Adam Wierzbianski
- Starring: Parker Posey , Paul Rudd , Danny DeVito , Mischa Barton , Miranda Bailey
- Themes: Opposites Attract,Love Triangles,Sexual Awakening,Crumbling Marriages
- Tone: Irreverent,Quirky,Talky,Stylish,Wry
- Keywords: extramarital-affair, high-school, love-quadrangle, public-relations, sexual-dysfunction
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (07-14-2006)
- Language: English