Plot & Details
In this spiritual thriller, an ancient prophecy is about to be fulfilled as a secret code brings the world to the edge of Apocalypse. Gillen Lane (Casper Van Dien) is a expert on theology and mythology who has gained international fame as a motivational speaker. Lane is approached by Stone Alexander (Michael York), the owner and founder of a major media empire, who has been made chairman of the European Union and needs someone to help spread the word about his goal of a world united behind a single vision of peace. Lane begins to realize that there's something sinister behind Alexander's veneer of charity and benevolence: a secret code was embedded in the original texts of the Torah that will allow the person who cracks it to unlock the secret powers of the Christian scriptures; if it falls into the wrong hands, it could mean the end of Man's Reign on Earth. After the death of his mother, Lane lost his faith in God and embraced a New Age philosophy, but now he must confront his lost faith as he tries to discover both the all-powerful secret of the Omega Code and his own true identity. The Omega Code also stars Van Dien's wife Catherine Oxenberg as Cassandra Barris, a reporter working for Alexander's network, and Michael Ironside as Dominic, Alexander's thuggish underling. The Omega Code was produced in association with the Trinity Broadcasting Network, America's largest Christian broadcasting outlet.
- MPAA Rating: PG-13
- Genre(s): Action
- Run Time: 99min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 10/15/1999
- DVD Release Date: 03/28/2000
- Distributor(s): Providence
- Director(s): Robert Marcarelli
- Starring: Casper Van Dien , Michael York , Catherine Oxenberg , Michael Ironside , Jan Triska
- Themes: Crisis of Faith,End of the World
- Tone: Earnest,Tense
- Keywords: Apocalypse,Christianity,New-Age,Torah,code [encryption],faith,motivational-speaker,prophecy,reporter,resistance-fighters,scripture,theology
- Country of Origin: USA (10-15-1999)
- Language: English