Plot & Details
Police detective Virgil Tibbs (Sidney Poitier) returns to finds himself in hot water with the police over his acceptance of help from a neighborhood anti-drug group. The group has done some things which are far from textbook legal, such as stealing and destroying a large shipment of drugs. Though they pulled off their robbery without loss of life, a corpse is found at the scene of the heist. Tibbs, now suspended from the force, uses their help to string together clues which enable him to break up a large drug ring. This is the third movie made starring Poitier and based on John Bail's novels In The Heat of the Night and They Call Me Mister Tibbs.
- MPAA Rating: PG
- Genre(s): Drama,Thriller
- Run Time: 105min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 05/05/2008
- DVD Release Date: 01/09/2001
- Director(s): Don Medford
- Starring: Sidney Poitier , Barbara McNair , Gerald O'Loughlin , Sheree North , Fred Beir
- Themes: Drug Trade,Rogue Cops
- Tone: Confrontational,Gritty,Paranoid,Rousing,Tense,Ironic
- Keywords: career,chase,danger,detective,drug-dealer,drugs,gangster,one-against-odds,police,revenge,smuggling
- Language: English