Plot & Details
Two brothers try to sort out their differences in the wake of their father's death in this drama. Theo (David Cubitt) has long been the black sheep of his family; at the age of 30, he's made no real headway in starting a career, despite periodic stabs at becoming a writer, and his problems with substance abuse have sent him through one rehab clinic after another. Theo doesn't get along with Ryan (Colm Feore), his older brother, who has become a successful lawyer and seems to have his life firmly in control. Neither Theo nor Ryan had an especially cordial relationship with their father, whose death opens old wounds between them. However, Theo soon discovers that Ryan, long the "respectable" member of the family, has also been keeping a secret; he is gay and has been less than cautious in pursuing sexual partners in the past. Ryan's promiscuity comes back to haunt him when he becomes HIV-positive, and he is eventually forced to turn to Theo for help.
- MPAA Rating: PG-13
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 92min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 02/20/2001
- DVD Release Date: 09/24/2002
- Distributor(s): Equinox Entertainment
- Director(s): Leonard Farlinger
- Starring: Colm Feore , David Cubitt , Chandra West , John Boylan
- Themes: Redemption,Drug Addiction,Living With AIDS,Haunted By the Past,Keeping a Secret,Death of a Parent,Sibling Relationships
- Tone: Bittersweet,Earnest,Melancholy,Tearjerking
- Keywords: HIV, black-sheep, homosexual, lawyer, loser, rehabilitation [detox], substance-abuse
- Language: English