Plot & Details
A young German officer and the daughter of a Rabbi find their blooming relationship threatened by the onset of World War II in director Damian Lee's emotional war romance. The setting is German occupied Poland, and Europe is finally feeling the full devastation of Hitler's might. German Officer Oskar and his Jewish girlfriend Rachel are deeply in love, but tragically torn apart by the violent village massacres that spread like a plague across the land. Convinced that she will never be reunited with her true love, expectant mother Rachel reluctantly marries respectable Jewish man Bernard, who longs to earn her love by raising her child as his own. Later, when Rachel and Oskar unexpectedly cross paths amidst the violence of the Russian front line, a sudden tragedy prompts one man to make the ultimate sacrifice.
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 96min.
- DVD Release Date: 04/28/2009
- Director(s): Damian Lee
- Starring: Daryl Hannah , Roy Scheider , Kim Coates , Colm Feore , Nina Dobrev
- Themes: Crimes Against Humanity,Star-Crossed Lovers,Forbidden Love
- Tone: Melancholy,Passionate,Sweeping
- Keywords: officer,pregnancy,war
- Language: English