Plot & Details
Stage and screen legend Frank Langella stars as a Prussian nobleman who, after being sentenced to death for disobeying military orders, somehow manages to overcome invading Swedish forces in a staged version of Heinrich Von Kleist's haunting look into the true nature of man. Unknown to American audiences until its stateside premiere at New York City's Chelsea Theater Center, Von Kleist's classic existential tale arrives at the Biltmore House and Gardens in Asheville, NC, in this 1977 production directed for the screen by Robert Kalfin and Kirk Browning.
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Art and Experimental,Documentary,Special Interest
- Run Time: 120min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 01/10/2004
- DVD Release Date: 04/15/2003
- Distributor(s): Independent Artists
- Director(s): Kirk Browning, Robert Kalfin
- Keywords: noble, death-penalty, military, nobility
- Language: English