Plot & Details
Scott Thurman's documentary captures the political debate that transpired as the Texas school board changed the standards that were required of a teacher of K-12 students in their state. Many found the changes to be anti-scientific, leading to charges that there was a faction attempting to get creationism taught in the public schools. Since Texas and California are the two states that order the most textbooks in the country, any change to the curriculum in those places leads to changes in textbooks everywhere else in the United States.
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Documentary,Special Interest
- Run Time: 93min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 10/05/2012
- DVD Release Date: 04/30/2013
- Distributor(s): Kino Lorber Films
- Director(s): Scott Thurman
- Tone: Cautionary
- Keywords: creationism, debate, education, evolution, politician, politics, school-board
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (10-26-2012)
- Language: English