Plot & Details
Mid-August Lunch writer/director Gianni Di Gregorio returns to the themes of his award-winning feature directorial debut with this gently comical tale of a middle-aged retiree who longs for romance. Try as he might to be noticed by women, Gianni (Di Gregario) never seems to get a second glance. His condescending wife treats him more like a punch line than a husband, and his aristocratic mother seems all but blind to her son's romantic plight. Reluctantly striking up a friendship with the floundering boyfriend of his daughter (Teresa Di Gregorio), dejected Gianni looks on longingly as his aging pals court gorgeous young women, and he starts to question why all of the passion seems to have disappeared from his life. Later, the mild-mannered retiree decides to take a little advice from his lawyer friend, Alfonso (Alfonso Santagata), and starts to remember why chasing women is a young man's game.
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Comedy
- Run Time: 90min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 03/02/2012
- DVD Release Date: 09/18/2012
- Distributor(s): Zeitgeist Films
- Director(s): Gianni di Gregorio
- Starring: Gianni di Gregorio , Valeria De Franciscis , Alfonso Santagata , Elisabetta Piccolomini , Valeria Cavalli
- Themes: Fathers and Daughters,Mothers and Sons,Looking For Love,Foibles of Marriage,Infidelity,Midlife Crises,Journey of Self-Discovery
- Tone: Easygoing,Gentle,Light,Warm,Whimsical
- Keywords: Italy,aristocrat,boyfriend,mid-life-crisis,middle-age,mother,slacker,wife
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (03-02-2012)
- Language: Italian