Plot & Details
Tim Allen returns as a regular guy-turned-Jolly Old Elf in the second sequel to the 1994 hit The Santa Clause. Scott Calvin (Tim Allen), who doubles as Santa Claus, has settled into his home at the North Pole with his new wife, Carol (Elizabeth Mitchell), and is preparing for another Christmas when he receives a visitor -- Jack Frost (Martin Short), the cold-weather sprite who has been sent to help out St. Nick by Mother Nature (Aisha Tyler) and Father Time (Peter Boyle) after making a scene at a meeting of the Council of Legendary Figures. However, while Jack is supposed to acting as an assistant to Santa, he has a habit of making things go haywire, and as it happens this is no mistake -- Jack is hoping that an exasperated Santa will quit his position so Jack can take over and finally have a holiday he can bend to his will. Meanwhile, Scott has invited Carol's parents, Bud (Alan Arkin) and Sylvia (Ann-Margaret), over for a long-promised visit, but since he needs to keep his other identity a secret, he and his elves are forced to go to great lengths to convince them that they're actually in Northern Canada. Wendy Crewson, Judge Reinhold, and Spencer Breslin also reprise their roles from the first two Santa Clause films.
- MPAA Rating: G
- Genre(s): Comedy,Fantasy
- Run Time: 92min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 11/03/2006
- DVD Release Date: 11/20/2007
- Distributor(s): Buena Vista
- Director(s): Michael Lembeck
- Starring: Tim Allen , Elizabeth Mitchell , Martin Short , Peter Boyle , Aisha Tyler
- Themes: Nothing Goes Right,Double Life,Mythical Creatures,Schemes and Ruses,Feuds
- Tone: Bright,Heartwarming,Light,Upbeat,Whimsical
- Keywords: Santa, Christmas, North-Pole, Santa-Claus, elf
- Country of Origin: USA (11-03-2006)
- Language: English