Plot & Details
Director Linda Yellen spins this study of four couples as they struggle to maintain their relationships. Middle-aged divorcée and landlord Katharine (Lynn Redgrave) is completely smitten with her live-in lover Rick (Harry Connick, Jr.). She loves throwing parties, and on one Halloween she hosts a dinner for some wildly dissimilar guests: her tenets Sandra (Cindy Crawford) and Paul (Jamey Sheridan) are conservative professionals, while fellow building dwellers Marta (Monica Keena) and Billy (Dylan Bruno) are rock musicians. Also at the party is wacky psychic Arnita (Tyne Daly). During dinner, Arnita sees the spirits of another couple: Mae (Samantha Mathis), a flapper from the 1920s, and Katharine's great-grandfather Edward (William Hurt). Unnerved, Arnita predicts that one couple will split up by year's end. Though initially shaken, the guests brush her off as a nut. Yet toward the year's end, Katharine grows increasingly jealousy of Rick's flirtation with Sandra.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 106min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 11/16/2001
- DVD Release Date: 02/21/2006
- Director(s): Linda Yellen
- Starring: Lynn Redgrave , Jamey Sheridan , Cindy Crawford , Samantha Mathis , Dylan Bruno
- Themes: Romantic Betrayal,Psychic Abilities
- Keywords: couple, dinner, jealousy, lover, party, psychic, struggle
- Language: English