Plot & Details
Actor and playwright Tom McCarthy makes his feature film debut as a writer/director with the quirky comedy drama The Station Agent. In New Jersey, Finbar McBride (Peter Dinklage) is a four-foot-tall lonely man who chooses to live the life of a hermit in an abandoned train yard following the death of his friend. While he is there, he unexpectedly meets and befriends a couple of fellow loners. Troubled Olivia (Patricia Clarkson) is an artist devastated by the loss of her son and separation from her husband, while carefree and friendly Joe (Bobby Cannavale) runs a hot dog stand. The three unlikely friends each deal with their urge to connect compared with their individual need for isolation. Also starring Raven Goodwin, Paul Benjamin, and Michelle Williams. The Station Agent won the Audience award at the 2003 Sundance Film Festival.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Comedy,Drama
- Run Time: 90min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 10/03/2003
- DVD Release Date: 06/15/2004
- Distributor(s): Miramax
- Director(s): Thomas McCarthy
- Starring: Peter Dinklage , Patricia Clarkson , Bobby Cannavale , Raven Goodwin , Paul Benjamin
- Themes: Down on Their Luck,Misfits and Outsiders,Small-Town Life,Unlikely Friendships
- Tone: Quirky,Bittersweet,Gentle,Humorous,Warm,Compassionate
- Keywords: artist,dwarf,friendship,hermit,hot-dog-stand,loneliness,recluse,train-station
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (10-03-2003)
- Language: English