Plot & Details
This 60-minute TV adaptation of Robert Louis Stevenson's 1886 doppelganger yarn stars Anthony Andrews as kindly London medico Henry Jekyll. Fascinated by the concept that within every man lurks two separate personalities--one good, one evil--Dr. Jekyll concocts a potion that releases his own nightmarish alter ego, Mr. Hyde. Contemporary critics noted that Andrews' Jekyll was so cloddish that his bestial Hyde came as something of a relief. Laura Dern co-stars as Jekyll/Hyde's long-suffering fiancee Rebecca. The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde premiered as an HBO Nightmare Classic on October 29, 1989.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Drama,Horror,Science Fiction,Thriller
- Run Time: 60min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 08/28/2006
- Director(s): Michael Lindsay-Hogg
- Themes: Split Personalities
- Tone: Creepy,Eerie,Menacing,Ominous,Tense
- Keywords: Dr. Jekyll,Mr. Hyde,doctor,fiancee,insanity,mad-scientist,maniac,monster,potion,schizophrenia,sociopath,split-personality
- Language: English