Plot & Details
In this sci-fi horror movie with comedic elements, a racist transplant surgeon (Ray Milland) learns that he's dying of cancer. He's recently performed some revolutionary experiments with a gorilla (special effects guru Rick Baker), by attaching a second head to the gorilla's body and removing the first one after the second has grown firmly into place. Now he wants to replicate the experiment with a human body, by grafting his head onto another person's frame. This way, he reasons, he'll be able to continue his medical and scientific work unabated. When he comes to after surgery, however, he's horrified to find out that his head has been stitched onto the body (and next to the head) of a large black man (former football player Roosevelt 'Rosey' Grier) due for a murder sentence. Enormous complications then ensue, as the two headed person runs about, with the convict intent on proving his innocence to the cops, and the scientist intent on having the convict's head removed. Director Frost formerly worked on stag films such as 1964's Love is a Four-Letter Word.
- MPAA Rating: PG
- Genre(s): Horror,Thriller
- Run Time: 90min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 04/17/2006
- DVD Release Date: 06/05/2001
- Director(s): Lee Frost
- Starring: Ray Milland , Roosevelt Grier , Don Marshall
- Themes: Experiments Gone Awry,Mad Scientists,Renegade Body Parts,Race Relations
- Tone: Campy,Creepy,Humorous,Irreverent
- Keywords: Black [race], White (Caucasian), brain-surgery, cancer, condemned [prisoner], experiment, head [body part], mad-scientist, racism, transplant
- Language: English