Plot & Details
Adapted from the historical novel by Edith Nesbit, this family-oriented comedy-drama concerns Richard Barnstable (Nicholas Farrell), an eccentric widower and father of five who is trying to perfect a new form of refrigeration. Barnstable's tinkering doesn't bring in much money and his children suddenly find themselves spearheading a campaign to save the family's home from creditors. Barnstable's brood receive some unexpected help from a noted explorer (James Wilby) and a sympathetic female doctor (Gina McKee).
- Genre(s): Family
- Run Time: 97min.
- DVD Release Date: 08/08/2000
- Director(s): Juliet May
- Starring: Nicholas Farrell , James Wilby , Gina McKee , Ian Richardson , Donald Sinden
- Themes: Mischievous Children,Sibling Relationships,Stop the Wrecking Ball
- Tone: Heartwarming,Nostalgic,Sweet
- Keywords: father, home, inventor
- Language: English