Plot & Details
A hotel plays host to four couples who are having problems coping with their relationships in a variety of ways in this independent comedy drama. In one room, a young man who has had bad luck with women is spending the night with a hooker, which proves very uncomfortable for both of them. Elsewhere, a married couple who think the thrill is gone from their sex life decide to add some variety by inviting another woman to join them for the evening. In room number three, a woman who often laments her bad taste in men argues with her former beau about her current significant other -- except that the former lover is only present in her imagination, she's in the bathroom, and her new man is listening to her on the other side of the door. And a couple are planning to spend their anniversary together until the man gets the bright idea of bringing one of his no-account buddies along, much to the woman's annoyance. Starring Kip Pardue, Roger Fan, Jennifer Siebel, Jordan Belfi, and Emily Liu, The Trouble With Romance is the first feature film from writer and director Gene Rhee.
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Comedy,Drama,Romance
- Run Time: 88min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 02/27/2009
- Director(s): Gene Rhee
- Starring: Bela Lugosi , Jennifer Siebel , Helen Chandler , Kip Pardue , David Manners
- Themes: Foibles of Marriage,Romantic Misunderstandings
- Keywords: anniversary, hotel, husband-and-wife, romance
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (02-27-2009)
- Language: English