Plot & Details
In the tradition of Stanley Kubrick and David Lynch comes The Violent Kind, a chilling psychological thriller tracing the mental descent of an Iraq War veteran whose desperate attempt to reunite with his young wife and veteran father yields horrifying consequences. Terry Malloy (Kirk Harris) is a US Marine who has just served three tours of duty in Iraq. But life back home isn't anything like life on the battlefield, and upon returning home, Terry invites his wife and father to the family cabin on Montana. There, the past collides with the present as the family's dark past is dragged screaming into the daylight, and a trained killer learns that there is truly no going back.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Drama,Thriller
- Run Time: 87min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 09/08/2008
- DVD Release Date: 12/23/2008
- Director(s): Geoffrey Pepos
- Starring: Kirk Harris , John Savage , Irina Björklund
- Themes: Mental Breakdown,Home From the War,Fathers and Sons
- Keywords: Iraq,cabin,father,insanity,mental-breakdown,veteran [military],wife
- Language: English