Plot & Details
'The Waiting Room' takes viewers into Oakland's Highland Hospital, a safety-net hospital fighting for survival while weathering the storm of a persistent economic downturn. Stretched to the breaking point, Highland is the primary care facility for 250,000 patients of nearly every nationality, race, and religion, with 250 patients -- most of them uninsured -- crowding its emergency room every day. The film offers a raw, intimate, and often uplifting look at how patients, staff and caregivers cope with disease, bureaucracy, frustration, hope and hard choices during one typically hectic day.
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Documentary,Special Interest,Sports
- Run Time: 80min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 09/28/2012
- Distributor(s): International Film Circuit
- Director(s): Peter Nicks
- Themes: Down on Their Luck,Doctors and Patients
- Tone: Gritty,Matter-of-Fact
- Keywords: behind-the-scenes,bureaucracy,emergency-room,health-care-system,hospital,insurance,public-health
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (09-26-2012)
- Language: English