Plot & Details
A cold-blooded warrior strives to become a man of peace in this strikingly photographed drama from writer and director Asif Kapadia. Lafcadia (Irfan Khan) is a steel-nerved professional soldier who works as a lawman for the corrupt leader of a local political regime (Anupam Shyam). Lafcadia is valuable to the tyrant for his ability to kill without mercy, but when he's sent with his compatriots to massacre the people of a small village who've been delinquent in paying their taxes, Lafcadia is struck by a vision of a young girl standing on a mountain overlooking the carnage. The vision startles Lafcadia into a change of heart, and he pledges to lay down his weapon and never kill again. However, the tyrant isn't happy with Lafcadia's decision, and retaliates by putting his son (Puru Chibber) under arrest and burning his home to the ground. Undaunted, Lafcadia sets out on a quest in the Himalayas to find the child from his vision, with the tyrant's ruthless enforcers on his trail. In time, Lafcadia is joined in his search by a fugitive (Noor Mani) on the run from a prison work gang. The Warrior was shot in two versions, one in the Hindi language and one in English.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Action,Drama
- Run Time: 86min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 07/15/2005
- DVD Release Date: 05/02/2006
- Distributor(s): Miramax
- Director(s): Asif Kapadia
- Starring: Irfan Khan , Puru Chibber , Mandakini Goswami , Sunita Sharma , Noor Mani
- Themes: Redemption,Lone Wolves
- Tone: Atmospheric,Deliberate,Forceful,Literate,Matter-of-Fact,Passionate,Rousing,Stylized,Tense
- Keywords: fugitive, village, vision [mystical], warrior
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (07-15-2005)
- Language: English