Plot & Details
Guy (Richard Roxburgh), a lonely bachelor, meets the woman of his dreams in Lizzie (Cate Blanchett), an impossibly beautiful doctor with elegance, style, and sophistication. Their six-week courtship leads to marriage, and the wedding is a big one, with 100 guests and a posh reception that never ends. It's during the reception that Guy begins to have flashbacks -- and second thoughts -- about Jenny (Frances O'Connor), the free-spirited woman who was his first love and who is the opposite of Lizzie. The more he thinks about warm and fun-loving Jenny, the more he sees Lizzie as cold and remote. Although it's a little late in the game to be getting cold feet, that's exactly what Guy has.
- Genre(s): Comedy
- Run Time: 88min.
- DVD Release Date: 09/11/2001
- Director(s): Cherie Nowlan
- Starring: Richard Roxburgh , Cate Blanchett , Frances O'Connor , Linden Wilkinson , John Gaden
- Themes: Wedding Bells,Love Triangles
- Tone: Easygoing,Humorous,Irreverent,Light
- Keywords: bachelor, doctor/nurse, love, orphan, reminiscence, romance, wedding
- Language: English