Plot & Details
In an exclusive neighborhood in upstate New York, family and friends gather to commemorate the AIDS-related death of Tony (played in flashbacks by D.B. Sweeney), a much-loved young man. The gathering takes place at the country home of Tony's half-brother John (Jared Harris) and John's moody wife Marian (Deborah Kara Unger). John and Marian's marriage has been under some strain, due in large part to Marian's overriding worries about their year-old baby. When Tony's longtime lover and Marian's best friend Lyle (David Conrad) arrives with Robert (James Duval), his new boyfriend, tensions heighten further. Meanwhile, on the other side of the lake, wealthy widow Laura (Gena Rowlands) returns home to a surprise visit from her estranged daughter Nina (Brooke Shields), a B-movie actress whose latest attempt to shock her mother comes courtesy of Thierry (Gary Dourdan), the married, black Parisian she has brought along.
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 97min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 11/03/2000
- DVD Release Date: 05/07/2002
- Distributor(s): Strand
- Director(s): Brian Skeet
- Starring: Deborah Kara Unger , Jared Harris , D.B. Sweeney , Gena Rowlands , Brooke Shields
- Themes: Living With AIDS,Haunted By the Past,Crumbling Marriages
- Tone: Cathartic,Elegiac,Reflective,Somber
- Keywords: HIV, death, family, gathering, problems, weekend
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (11-03-2000)
- Language: English