Plot & Details
This biker gang exploitation picture from director Roger Corman and co-writer and editor Peter Bogdanovich earned critical respect in Europe for its gritty documentary style. Peter Fonda stars as Heavenly Blues, the leader of a wild, roving band of leather-clad bikers. When his best friend Loser (Bruce Dern) is injured in the midst of an attempt to steal a police motorcycle, the boys kidnap their debilitated buddy from the hospital, raping a black nurse and trashing the place in the process. Blues and his friends believe they've set Loser free, but he dies not long after the escape. Staging a funeral and drunken orgy in a small town church, the gang flees is set upon by the enraged locals, leaving Blues alone to face the law. Nancy Sinatra and a then-pregnant Diane Ladd co-star; a number of real-life Hell's Angels were hired to appear in scenes, adding authenticity to the picture.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 124min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 07/21/2009
- DVD Release Date: 02/20/2001
- Distributor(s): American International Pictures
- Director(s): Roger Corman
- Starring: Peter Fonda , Nancy Sinatra , Bruce Dern , Diane Ladd , Lou Procopio
- Themes: Down on Their Luck,Culture Clash,Bohemian Life,Thrill Crime
- Tone: Atmospheric,Cynical,Gritty,Lurid,Moody,Tense,Visceral
- Keywords: kidnapping, party, police, rape, biker, harassment, hospital, motorcycle-gang, orgy, rebel-without-a-cause, shooting [crime]
- Language: English