Plot & Details
Decked out with another of his American accents, Peter Sellers plays self-centered concert pianist Henry Orient. While Henry's active libido sends him off on pursuit of married woman Paula Prentiss, a pair of preteen boarding-school chums, played by Tippy Walker and Merrie Spaeth, worship Orient from afar. The girls' overworked imaginations, manifested in pursuing Orient about and recording their fantasies in their diaries, leads Walker's mom, Angela Lansbury, to conclude that Henry has "had his way" with her underaged daughter. The World of Henry Orient was later musicalized for Broadway as Henry, Sweet Henry.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Comedy,Drama
- Run Time: 106min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 12/29/2002
- DVD Release Date: 10/15/2002
- Distributor(s): United Artists
- Director(s): George Roy Hill
- Starring: Peter Sellers , Paula Prentiss , Angela Lansbury , Tippy Walker , Merrie Spaeth
- Themes: Musician's Life,Unrequited Love,Playing the Field,Women's Friendship
- Tone: Bright,Sentimental,Springlike,Witty,Whimsical
- Keywords: coming-of-age,concert-pianist,eccentric,extramarital-affair,fantasy,girls-school,idol,infatuation,love,obsession
- Language: English
|Year||Award||Category||Cast & Crew||Result|
|1964||Hollywood Foreign Press Association||Best Picture - Musical or Comedy||Nominated|