Plot & Details
A band of outsiders takes to the highways in this touching independent drama. Brett (William Hurt) is a petty criminal who is eager to turn his life around after spending six years in jail. Brett is looking for a ride home to Louisiana, and happens upon a pair of teenagers up for a road trip -- Martine (Kristen Stewart), a 15-year-old girl whose attempts to catch the eye of a boy she loves have ended in failure, and Gordy (Eddie Redmayne), a geeky outcast wishing he could find somewhere to fit in. Brett persuades Martine and Gordy to give him a ride home, and together the three misfits bond over their shared need for acceptance. Driving toward a New Orleans that's been leveled by Hurricane Katrina, Brett can't help but ponder the biggest question in his life -- if his wife, May (Maria Bello), will take him back now that he's a free man. Based on a short story by Pete Hamill, The Yellow Handkerchief received its world premiere at the 2008 Sundance Film Festival.
- MPAA Rating: PG-13
- Genre(s): Drama,Romance
- Run Time: 102min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 02/26/2010
- DVD Release Date: 01/04/2011
- Director(s): Udayan Prasad
- Starring: William Hurt , Maria Bello , Kristen Stewart , Eddie Redmayne , Kaori Momoi
- Themes: Starting Over,Unlikely Friendships,Misfits and Outsiders,Coming Home,Estrangement
- Tone: Earnest,Sentimental,Tearjerking,Stirring
- Keywords: accidental-death,ex-convict
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (02-26-2010)
- Language: English