Plot & Details
Andy Bichlbaum and Mike Bonanno are "The Yes Men" -- two guys who combine political activism, performance art, and the love of a good prank in the name of demanding that the private sector take responsibility for the damage it has done to the world and its people. Bichlbaum and Bonanno specialize in setting up realistic-looking mock websites that claim to represent famous and powerful multinational corporations, and when they're contacted to speak on behalf of the companies, they deliver absurd satirical presentations that sometimes fool their audiences into believing they've seen the real thing. The exploits of Bichlbaum and Bonanno were chronicled in the 2003 documentary The Yes Men, and their further adventures have spawned a second film, The Yes Men Fix the World, which follows the radical pranksters as they claim responsibility for a major environmental disaster in Bhopal on European television, demonstrate a new corporate rescue orb, "defend" corporate interests in the wake of Hurricane Katrina, and publish a mock edition of The New York Times that declares the end of the war in Iraq. The Yes Men Fix the World received its world premiere at the 2009 Sundance Film Festival.
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Documentary,Special Interest
- Run Time: 90min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 10/07/2009
- DVD Release Date: 04/01/2010
- Distributor(s): Shadow Distribution
- Director(s): Andy Bichlbaum, Mike Bonanno
- Themes: Fighting the System
- Tone: Biting,Confrontational,Deadpan,Satirical
- Keywords: activism,big-business,corruption,expose [revelation],greed,natural-disaster,prank,responsibility
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (10-23-2009)
- Language: English