Plot & Details
Wonderful to Be Young! was released in Britain as The Young Ones. Given the later output of director Sidney J. Furie, one might suspect that the original title was meant as irony, but in fact this is an upbeat, life-affirming vehicle for British pop singer Cliff Richard. In this one, Richard, the son of millionaire Robert Morley, wants to buy a piece of property before his father can use it for avaricious purposes. Having no spending money of his own (!), Richard puts on a Big Show with his friends to raise the necessary funds. Morley outwits his son, leading one of the kids to kidnap the old guy out of vengeance. But Richard comes to the rescue with several more swingin' tunes.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Family,Musicals
- Run Time: 108min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 08/07/2006
- DVD Release Date: 05/21/2002
- Distributor(s): Pathé Films, Warner Brothers, Path? Films
- Director(s): Sidney J. Furie
- Starring: Cliff Richard , Robert Morley , Carole Gray , Richard O'Sullivan , Melvyn Hayes
- Themes: Fathers and Sons
- Tone: Affectionate,Light
- Keywords: father, fundraiser, kidnapping, millionaire, performer, singer, son
- Language: English