Plot & Details
Similar to the premise of American Graffiti, this film centers on eight California high school students whose lives intersect over two nights in the hot summer of 1965. As the Watts riots begin, the young people make decisions that will impact their entire lives. Writer-director Floyd Mutrux examines at the graduating class of 1965 of Westwood High School in Los Angeles, which was featured on the cover of Look magazine in 1961. The story is narrated by the class valedictorian, Mary Beth (Lucy Deakins). Kelli Williams plays Sunshine, a prototypical flower child. Characters played by Dermot Mulroney and Rick Schroder and others struggle with decisions about the Vietnam war, aspire to be rock musicians, and take divergent paths on politics while navigating various romantic entanglements.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 99min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 09/02/1994
- DVD Release Date: 09/16/2003
- Director(s): Floyd Mutrux, George Fortmuller
- Starring: Dermot Mulroney , Rick Schroder , Kelli Williams , Noah Wyle , Jill Schoelen
- Themes: Innocence Lost
- Tone: Nostalgic,Reflective
- Keywords: Summer, class [school], coming-of-age, graduation, high-school, hippie, valedictorian
- Language: English