Plot & Details
Feminist-minded photographer and filmmaker Lauren Greenfield details the ravaging physical and mental effects of anorexia nervosa by following four anorexic women between the ages of 15 and 30 as they struggle to recover from their illness over the course of six excruciating months at a Florida residential treatment center. As the complexity of the disorder emerges through scenes in which the afflicted struggle through dispiriting weigh-ins, revealing therapy sessions, and painful meal times, Greenfield offers a revealing look at the devastating effects of a media driven by impossibly high standards of physical beauty.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Documentary,Special Interest
- Run Time: 105min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 12/19/2005
- DVD Release Date: 11/21/2006
- Director(s): Lauren Greenfield
- Themes: Battling Illness,Mental Illness
- Tone: Intimate
- Keywords: anorexia-nervosa,bulimia,eating-disorders,mental-health,women's-issues
- Language: English