Plot & Details
This slapstick farce features Dusty Bottoms (Chevy Chase), Lucky Day (Steve Martin), and Ned Nederlander (Martin Short), as three silent movie cowboy stars who get the axe from their Hollywood studio. Just at that opportune moment, a woman named Carmen (Patrice Martinez) asks them to come to her forgotten little town south of the border and do some work for her, for a tidy sum. The three "stooges" agree, thinking they are going to perform their singing cowboy routine, but instead Carmen wants them to get rid of the nasty El Guapo (Alfonso Arau) who is running roughshod over the good citizens of the town. Not the kind of heroes they appear to be in the movies, they have a difficult time helping out the distressed townsfolk.
- MPAA Rating: PG
- Genre(s): Comedy
- Run Time: 115min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 02/27/2005
- DVD Release Date: 11/23/1999
- Status: In Theaters
- Distributor(s): Orion
- Director(s): John Landis
- Starring: Chevy Chase , Steve Martin , Martin Short , Patrice Martinez , Alfonso Arau
- Themes: Mistaken Identities,Actor's Life,Righting the Wronged,Unlikely Heroes
- Tone: Silly,Goofy,Light,Easygoing,Humorous,Upbeat,Madcap,Quirky
- Keywords: actor,against-all-odds,bad-guy,friendship,good-guy,outlaw [Western],stars [celebrities],swashbuckler
- Country of Origin: USA (12-12-1986)
- Language: English