Plot & Details
Three-Cornered Moon is regarded by many film buffs as the first of the genuine "screwball comedies." Claudette Colbert stars as the only level-headed member of a wacky Brooklyn family. Her mother (Mary Boland) loses the family fortune in the stock market, forcing Colbert's knuckleheaded brothers to look for work. Unfortunately the boys seem interested only in jobs for which they're uniquely unsuited. Even Colbert has her weak moments, especially when she falls for a callow writer (Hardie Albright), but she eventually finds happiness with sensible doctor Richard Arlen. Three-Cornered Moon was written by the gloriously named Gertrude Tonkonogy.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Comedy
- Run Time: 77min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 01/05/2009
- Distributor(s): Paramount
- Director(s): Elliott Nugent
- Starring: Claudette Colbert , Richard Arlen , Mary Boland , Wallace Ford , Tom Brown
- Keywords: bankruptcy, brother, job-search, misfortune, poor-family, riches-to-rags, stock-market