Plot & Details
Three Men and a Baby is an Americanized remake of the 1985 French comedy hit Three Men and a Cradle. Tom Selleck, Ted Danson and Steve Guttenberg play three upwardly mobile New York bachelors who share an apartment. Their even-keel lifestyle is thrown out of whack when a young woman leaves a baby on their doorstep, suspecting that film director Danson is the father. The balance of the film is devoted to milking as much humor as possible out of the situation of three urbane young men trying to play nursemaid with nary a clue of what they're doing (at one point, a desperate Selleck offers Guttenberg a thousand dollars if Guttenberg will change a diaper). A subplot involving drug dealers is thrown in to sustain audience interest after our trio of heroes become accustomed to a baby around the apartment. "Urban legend" aficionados please note: That cardboard cutout of Ted Danson briefly glimpsed in one scene of Three Men and a Baby is not the ghost of a little boy who died in the bachelors' apartment before filming started.
- MPAA Rating: PG
- Genre(s): Comedy
- Run Time: 102min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 10/20/2008
- DVD Release Date: 04/02/2002
- Distributor(s): Buena Vista
- Director(s): Leonard Nimoy
- Starring: Tom Selleck , Steve Guttenberg , Ted Danson , Nancy Travis , Margaret Colin
- Themes: Parenthood
- Tone: Affectionate,Bright,Goofy,Humorous,Light,Silly,Sweet
- Keywords: adoption, bachelor, custody, abandonment, baby, con/scam, drug-dealer, friendship, parent
- Country of Origin: USA (11-25-1987)
- Language: English