Plot & Details
Directed by Jonathan Frakes and based on the '60s British television series of the same name, Thunderbirds chronicles the intergalactic exploits of the Tracy family. Set in 2010, the world looks toward the mysterious Tracy Island when mere international security is not enough; the remote South Pacific island not only houses former astronaut and lifelong entrepreneur Jeff Tracy (Bill Paxton) and his five sons, but also serves as headquarters for the top-secret International Rescue organization. The unthinkable happens, however, when an insidious criminal mastermind known only as "The Hood" (Ben Kingsley) manages to get past the island's innumerable security measures and attempts to take over International Rescue. His goal: stealing the organization's five most advanced rescue vehicles, each of which was designed to accomplish a specific task, and using them for his own agenda. With Jeff and his four eldest sons deployed on a mission, there's only one person with any hope of stopping the takeover -- Jeff's youngest son, Alan (Brady Corbet), who vows to save his family and keep the Thunderbirds alive.
- MPAA Rating: PG
- Genre(s): Action,Family
- Run Time: 87min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 07/30/2004
- DVD Release Date: 12/21/2004
- Distributor(s): Universal
- Director(s): Jonathan Frakes
- Starring: Bill Paxton , Anthony Edwards , Sophia Myles , Ben Kingsley , Brady Corbet
- Themes: Space Travel,Bank Robbery,Heroic Mission
- Tone: Bright,Humorous,Light,Rousing,Slick
- Keywords: astronaut,family-in-danger,rescue,space-travel,takeover,villain
- Country of Origin: USA (07-30-2004)
- Language: English