Plot & Details
Thunderbolt was Josef von Sternberg's first American talking picture. George Bancroft, a von Sternberg regular (despite frequents clashes between the two men), plays a death row inmate who may be on the eve of eternity, but who has still one more murder on his mind. He plans to kill the young lover (Richard Arlen) of his former girl friend (Fay Wray); fortuitously the lover is incarcerated in the same prison where Bancroft awaits the chair.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Crime and Mystery,Thriller
- Run Time: 91min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 02/29/2004
- Distributor(s): Paramount
- Director(s): William Wyler, Josef von Sternberg
- Starring: George Bancroft , Fay Wray , Richard Arlen , Tully Marshall , Eugénie Besserer
- Themes: Love Triangles,Death Row,Criminal's Revenge
- Tone: Atmospheric,Stylized,Tense
- Keywords: death-row, frame-up, girlfriend, inmate, jealousy, lover, murder
- Language: English