Plot & Details
Skip Woods made his directorial debut with this film, caught in a crossfire between thriller and comedy. After violence is unleashed in the opening sequence, the story settles on former L.A. drug dealer Casey Wells (Thomas Jane), now a Houston architect living with his attractive wife Christine (Paula Marshall). When past partner Nick (Aaron Eckhart) arrives out of the blue on a Thursday, asking for a place to stay for a few days, Casey invites him in but later gets curious about Nick's briefcase. After he opens it to find a huge helping of heroin, panic sets in, and he flushes it all away -- setting the stage for a variety of hoods and hitmen to turn up on Casey's suburban doorstep. Shown at the 1998 Toronto World Festival.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Drama,Thriller
- Run Time: 85min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 11/13/1998
- DVD Release Date: 05/14/2002
- Distributor(s): Phaedra
- Director(s): Skip Woods
- Starring: Thomas Jane , Aaron Eckhart , Paulina Porizkova , James LeGros , Paula Marshall
- Themes: Drug Trade,Dangerous Friends,Cons and Scams,Crime Gone Awry,Dishonor Among Thieves
- Tone: Bleak,Cynical,Gritty,Menacing,Tense,Flashy
- Keywords: drug-dealer, drug-trade, ex-partner, heroin, starting-over
- Country of Origin: USA (11-13-1998)
- Language: English