Plot & Details
Thursday's Child is full of woe in this made-for-TV drama. Rob Lowe was given "and introducing" billing in the role of a teenaged athlete in dire need of a heart transplant. As Rob's parents Gene Rowlands and Don Murray prepare to face the possibility that they may lose their son, his aunt Jessica Walter remains relentlessly optimistic and cheerful. For various reasons, the debut of Thursday's Child was twice postponed. The film finally aired February 1, 1983.
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 100min.
- DVD Release Date: 09/11/2007
- Director(s): David Lowell Rich
- Themes: Dying Young,Fathers and Sons,Mothers and Sons,Facing Death
- Tone: Bittersweet,Earnest,Poignant,Sentimental
- Keywords: body-parts,heart,teenagers,terminal-illness,transplant
- Language: English