Plot & Details
This romantic comedy is the first film from two television veterans, writer Winnie Holzman and director Scott Winant. Gwen Moss (Jeanne Tripplehorn) is a writer working on the life story of former child actress Francesca Lanfield (Sarah Jessica Parker), who is recovering from drug addiction. Nick Dawkan (Dylan McDermott) is an architect working on a housing development that will require razing Gwen's beloved vintage apartment. Gwen frequently visits a restaurant designed by Nick, but she never meets him. In the meantime, she is romantically rebuffed by a college professor (Ken Olin), who reveals that he is bisexual. Eventually, Gwen's crusade to save the apartment complex, which is owned by Francesca, attracts the attention of Nick.
- MPAA Rating: PG-13
- Genre(s): Comedy
- Run Time: 113min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 05/30/1997
- DVD Release Date: 12/04/2001
- Director(s): Scott Winant
- Starring: Jeanne Tripplehorn , Dylan McDermott , Sarah Jessica Parker , Jennifer Aniston , Ken Olin
- Themes: Looking For Love,Serendipity
- Tone: Humorous,Light,Sweet
- Keywords: actor,apartment,architecture,autobiography,child,ghost-writer,love,romance,stars [celebrities]
- Language: English