Plot & Details
Time Without Pity carried the name "Joseph Losey" on the credits -- the first time in three years that the blacklisted director was permitted to use his own name on a film. This British-made suspense film was based on a play by Emlyn Williams. Michael Redgrave stars an anguished father whose son (Alec McCowan) is accused of murder. With time running out, Redgrave struggles to prove his son innocent of the charge. The paranoia prevalent in Time Without Pity can be attributed to Losey's own experience at the hands of the HUAC, though this element never gets out of artistic control.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Drama,Thriller
- Run Time: 88min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 04/25/2004
- DVD Release Date: 03/30/2004
- Director(s): Joseph Losey
- Starring: Michael Redgrave , Ann Todd , Leo McKern , Peter Cushing , Alec McCowen
- Themes: Race Against Time,Miscarriage of Justice,Fathers and Sons
- Tone: Forceful,Ominous,Paranoid,Tense
- Keywords: capital-punishment, magnate, son, alcoholism, false-accusation, father, investigation, murder
- Language: English